How to use the Calendar
This article will show you how to:
Once you have entered the Calendar, the screen above will appear. Here you can see multiple things:
1. The five different modalities of showing events in your calendar:
- Agenda: This is the view mode your agenda is currently on. In this view mode, events are described with a text description and plenty of details on e.g. time, type of event, and related course(s).
- Day: In this view mode the events for each day are shown, and the time slot that each event occupies. By clicking on such an event, a small pop-up page opens with more details about the event.
- Week: This mode distributes events amongst two axes: on the X-axis, the days of the week are shown and on the Y-axis the hours of each day.
- Month: Here, the small calendar on the right is expanded and shown in more detail. The X-axis displays the days of the week, and on the Y-axis the progression of the month. Each day is filled with coloured boxes with a small description of each event of the day.
- List: This view mode only shows the events in order of upcoming date. The events shown can be filtered by their category (e.g. to show only the Materials and the Assignments)
2. Click on the arrows to the left of Today and Tomorrow to change the extension of the agenda shown to, for example, Next 7 days and Next 14 days
3. Instead of the Date, the events can be divided by Course and Category (e.g. Quizzes, Assignments, Surveys and so on). This jump in time is possible for all five modalities of step 1. When clicking for example on Course, your calendar will show you the events that you have in a certain period on the basis of the different courses
4. In the upper right of your screen, you have the option to:
- Print your Calendar
- Adjust your Calendar Settings
- Subscribe for a certain Calendar
5. The Calendar on the right of your screen shows a monthly overview. The dates that carry the blue dots underneath them are dates that have events or tasks planned. The calendar helps to give a quick overview into when these moments are
6. Tasks. Here you are able to manage your tasks, e.g. Create a task (Add a task), subscribe to one, complete tasks or delete them
7. All Calendars. This shows you the Calendar of which certain events are displayed. You have the option to choose for example the calendar of one specific course. In order to do so, click on All Calendars and choose the course you want to have agenda information on
1. In the Calendar page, click on Subscribe.
If you have done this, the Calendar Subscriptions menu opens. Here you have multiple options:
2. Choose the preferred calendar that you want to be subscribed to. In this case, the menu indicates All Calendars and Tasks. This means that all Calendars and tasks are added to my Calendar. By clicking on the down-facing arrow on the right, you have the option to indicate which calendar you want to be subscribed to. The calendars displayed here are the ones of all courses that you are added to, so it is possible for you to integrate the calendar of other courses into one.
3. Based on the setting you have indicated at option 1, you will receive a link here. This link is the link to your chosen calendar.
4. Click on Download once you have your calendar.
5. Press Close to finish the process.
You are now subscribed to a Calendar!
You now know how to use the Calendar!