How to manage Notifications
This article will show you how to manage your Notifications: the e-mail updates for the courses. It is possible to select for which (parts of) courses notifications will be sent.
Settings in Notifications will be applied for all courses!
These notifications are not related to the notifications within Brightspace itself!
Teachers will usually send important updates through Announcements. When disabling other notifications it is recommended to at least set the option to receive updates on new announcements.
1. Click on your name or picture in the Minibar.
2. Click Notifications.
3. By default the WUR-mail address is used as the email notification address. When notifications should be sent to a different address click Change your email settings and enter a different address.
4. Under Summary of Activity select the frequency of the email;
- Daily; when selected, set a time to which the notification mail is sent. When left blank it will be sent at 0:00
5. Tick the boxes of any parts of the course(s) the notifications should include
6. Under Customise Notifications select whether or not to include grades in the notification e-mail, and/or any notifications about past, future or inactive courses.
7. When notifications should still be active but disabled for (a) specific course(s), click Manage my course exclusions and select which courses should be excluded from the notification e-mail.
8. Click Save to save the changes go back to the previous active window.
You now know how to successfully manage your Notifications!
Want to know more about your Profile and Settings in Brightspace?