Discussions | How to access, create and respond to Discussion Threads
The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read and reply to threads on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files, or work with your peers on assignments and homework.
For further information, please visit: how to use Discussions
This article will show you how to:
Navigate to your Course, in the green navigation bar,
- Click on Communication, a drop-down menu will appear
- Click on Discussions
The Discussions homepage will open,
3. Click on a Topic (for example, General Discussion)
A Topic within a forum is an area where you can post and read messages. Within a Topic, there is the possibility to create or respond to a Thread.
Create and respond to threads
This will open the Topic,
- Start a New Thread - to create a new Thread
- Topic (for example, Thread Example) - to respond to a Thread
You will be redirected to the page where you can create a New Thread
- Enter a Subject
- Add a description
- Untick the box Subscribe to this thread, to unsubscribe from the thread
- Click on the triangle before Add Attachments
By default, when creating a thread, you will automatically receive notifications if someone responds to your thread.
This will unfold, more options,
5. Choose one of the following options to Add Attachments:
- Drop files within the dashed box
- Upload - to add a file from your Computer
- Record - to record a video or an audio
- Choose Existing - to add a file from My Locker, Group Locker, OneDrive Files or Video Note Search
6. Click on the blue button Post
This will open the Thread,
1. Click on Reply to Thread
2. Add your comment in the HTML-Editor
3. Optional - you can click on Add original post text to include the post to which you respond
4. Untick the box Subscribe to this thread to unsubscribe from the thread
5. Click on Add Attachments to upload a file, record or choose existing to add a file
6. Click on Post
You now know how to access, create and respond to Discussion Threads in Brightspace!
Want to know more about Discussion Tool in Brightspace?